The CBHS Hall of Fame was established in 1968, the inspiration of Brother Leopold, Will Carruthers, and Tony Gagliano, with the help of Brother Adrian Powers, then superintendent. Their purpose was to inaugurate a means of recognizing and honoring men who contributed to the success of Christian Brothers High School both before and after their graduation.
Criteria for nomination to the Hall of Fame include:
- Graduation from CBHS (usual, but not mandatory);
- Commands respect and attention in his field;
- Devotion to the aims of CBHS;
- Willingness to contribute both personally and financially to the betterment of CBHS;
- Have possessed in high school characteristics generally associated with an above average student, scholastically and in extracurricular achievements;
- Adheres to high moral standards, to the credit of CBHS.
Nominees must have graduated at least 20 years prior to the year they are considered for membership, and members may be selected posthumously as a means of acknowledging contributions of graduates throughout the more than 135 years of the school's history.