We are delighted that you have taken the time to learn more about the Christian Brothers community and look forward to getting to know you and sharing our passion for this school! As a starting point, we'd like to point out a few factors that make our institution truly unique within the region:
- CBHS is a Catholic boys' high school in the Lasallian tradition, serving boys from over 115 elementary and middle schools from 55 zip codes across the Mid-South.
- For 145 years, 'brotherhood' has defined the CBHS experience. The fraternal bonds forged here have created a powerful, nationwide network of 11,000 men proud to be Brothers' Boys.
- Our college preparatory academic program offers courses on multiple levels in order to serve a diverse group of learners. Yet the top twenty-five graduates of the class of 2012 attained an average ACT score of 32, included 6 national merit finalists, and will be attending institutions such as the U. S. Military Academy at West Point, the U. S. Air Force Academy, the U.S. Naval Academy, Notre Dame, Boston College, Northwestern, NYU, and Vanderbilt.
- Our athletic program boasts more Tenneessee state championships in both baseball and soccer than any other school in the state. Our track and field program took the state title in 2010, our wrestling team captured the state duals championship in 2012 and 2013, and our baseball team just captured its 12th state title in 2015..
- The CBHS band, founded in 1872 is proud to be the nation's oldest continuously-playing high school band.
Though our website can give you a sense of our proud tradition and most recent acheivements, we invite you to experience our community first hand through a personal tour, an 8th grade Shadow Day, or a fall Friday night in Tom Nix Stadium.
We look forward to welcoming you to our campus!