Click here for updated MAS schedule
Mandatory Academic Sessions:
The goal of MAS (Mandatory Academic Sessions) is to provide early intervention for struggling students.
Students who have earned less than 67% in any course after approximately the fourth week of each quarter will be enrolled in MAS (at the discretion of their teachers).
Both the student and his parents/guardians will receive notification that the student will be required to attend MAS sessions at the place and time designated by each department.
Any student who fails a course for a quarter (grade of 64% or lower) may automatically be re-enrolled in MAS beginning immediately with the start of the next quarter.
- A schedule will be posted on the CBHS website with instructor and room assignments.
- Attend all 3 sessions (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday) each week for remainder of quarter (or until released by teacher).
- Focus on mastery and completion of school assignments during MAS sessions.
- Ask for help when needed.
- Demonstrate progress.
- Students must attend all sessions (3 per week). Extra-curricular activities (including athletics) do not excuse students from attending MAS.
- Students assigned MAS for more than one course will, in conjunction with their teachers and/or counselor, create a schedule to determine how to divide time between sessions.
- Repeated tardiness or failure to attend all sessions may result in Saturday School.
- If a student lacks the determination to attend MAS and make academic improvements, the CBHS administration will review the student’s records and the student may be dismissed from the school.