1. DIGITAL ACCESS: full electronic participation in society.
2. DIGITAL COMMERCE: electronic buying and selling of goods
3. DIGITAL COMMUNICATION: electronic exchange of information
4. DIGITAL LITERACY: process of teaching and learning about technology and the use of technology
5. DIGITAL ETIQUETTE: electronic standards of conduct or procedure
6. DIGITAL LAW: electronic responsibility for actions and deeds
7. DIGITAL RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: those freedoms extended to everyone in a digital world
8. DIGITAL HEALTH AND WELLNESS: physical and psychological well-being in a digital technology world
9. DIGITAL SECURITY (self-protection): electronic precautions to guarantee safety
Ribble, Mike. Digital Clitizenship in Schools. 2nd ed. Washington D.C.: International Society for Technology in Education, 2011.